OUTPOUND: DRIVER SELF-SERVICE RELEASE SYSTEM FOR IMPOUNDED VEHICLES
Comprehensive automated, unattended solution which allows drivers to authenticate themselves, pay and gain access to retrieve their vehicles from the lot. With Locomobi World’s automated dispatch system, you can even get real time alerts from supported parking lots with images that a car is non-compliant and should be impounded.
The impounded car’s driver can securely identify themselves, pay, gain pedestrian access into the lot, and drive out with their vehicle while safeguarding against unauthorized access or tailgating.
How it works
Drivers call a number to start the process. The self-service option will send the driver an SMS with a form to fill out. Sending the SMS validates the phone number of the driver. The form asks simple questions about the vehicle, and the area it was towed from. This shows the driver has advanced knowledge of the car they are trying to extract. Next, the driver is asked to scan their ID and take an image of themselves to make sure it matches. Advanced fraud checks are done, and if everything checks out, they are asked to pay the amount owing.
Payment is simple. In conjunction with the Monex group industry leading unattended payment terminals, drivers can easily pay by taping or inserting their credit cards. This makes payments quick and easy, and more secure since you know the driver physically has the card in question.
Making payment unlocks the entrance to the pound, while intelligent cameras and other systems make sure that only the driver and not anyone else enters the lot. Security breaches can trigger alarms and stop any gates from opening.
The driver picks up their car and drives out. World class automated licence plate recognition technology with enhanced artificial intelligence will allow vending the exit only for the car, which was just released, and no other vehicles.
The Secure Automated Impound Lot
- Automated access & audit reports to allow approved tow truck drivers to deliver cars any time of the day
- Use the *WorldSteam.Live app to manage the system, including logging cars into the lot
- Use RestAPIs to integrate into existing systems
- Fully automated and unattended solution for drivers and keeps staff physically safe while securely protecting the driver’s identity and payment, allow drivers to retrieve their vehicles 24/7
- Get a full audit log with images of people / vehicles entering and exiting the lot