Top Industries That Need Parking Access Control Systems
Security is among the top priorities for businesses in any sector. One of the most effective ways to ensure good security is through access control. Access control systems enable staff and other authorized persons to move with ease around the business premises, restrict access where necessary, and allow businesses to maintain tight control over who comes and goes. Access control systems provide another type of security – revenue control security. Many revenue systems are circumvented by poor access controls systems.
Most businesses use parking systems as an integral part of their operations, so their access control systems must necessarily incorporate their parking facilities. The latest technology makes it possible for businesses to maintain powerful, automated control over their parking facilities. Regardless of the size of the parking facility, control systems protect employees and business property and allow managers to have up-to-the-minute knowledge of who is on the premises. The benefits of these systems include:
- Greater ease of access: Access control systems allow managers to allow access to specific people by “setting and forgetting” entry permissions for staff members and other authorized personnel. Each individual can then enter and leave the property by either entering a PIN, swiping a card, or through biometric identification methods.
- Savings: Automated access systems save money on security personnel, as access can be controlled and monitored remotely by a small contingent of management staff, or by an outsourced security service provider.
- Tighter control over who comes and goes: An access control system gives you up-to-date information on who enters and leaves the property. If theft or other incidents should occur, you can see exactly who accessed your property at the relevant time.
- Keep unwanted visitors out: With smart access control systems, only authorized individuals are allowed in. Each one will have to enter the necessary credentials in order to get the gates to open. Without these present credentials, nobody can enter. In this way, anybody who does not have a right to be on the premises can be kept out. This helps to create a safer work environment and prevents theft and other criminal activity.
- Ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations: Industries have different standards with regard to access and security. Smart access control systems allow facility owners to fine-tune their parking and access infrastructure so that they comply with all the relevant industry rules.
Parking access control systems are perfect for a wide variety of businesses. The benefits described above are ideal for sectors such as building management, healthcare facilities, educational institutions, shopping centers, businesses in the hospitality industry, and municipal offices.
Parking Access Control Systems For Building Management
Property managers, facility managers, and landlords have a responsibility to control access to their buildings in order to ensure the safety of their tenants and staff, as well as visitors and customers. Access control systems are an essential part of the overall package that building managers can offer their tenants. They improve access and convenience for tenants and their staff, as well as reducing operating costs, providing comprehensive security, allowing accurate record-keeping regarding who enters the property and when, keeping unwanted visitors away, and provide customized levels of access.
Parking Access Control Systems For Healthcare Facilities
Healthcare facilities require a careful balance of easy access and tight security. While it is, of course, vital to enable extreme accessibility to these facilities, it is also important to ensure the safety and security of patients, visitors and staff. Smart parking technology helps to enable this through responsive, data-driven, customizable security settings that allow authorized persons to pass through with ease, while keeping others out. In addition to security, healthcare facilities also need to consider effective infection control and convenience for visitors and patients – particularly when fast emergency access is required. Parking systems should also facilitate seamless traffic flow to prevent bottlenecks and hold-ups that could compromise people’s access to healthcare services – especially when they are urgently needed. A 24/7 monitoring system is an integral part of any parking facility. With LocoMobi World’s systems, the parking management staff at healthcare facilities can monitor their parking areas remotely from anywhere in the world, at any time.
Parking Access Control Systems For Universities
Universities and colleges with large campuses have multiple locations on which security must be maintained, and access must be controlled. Access control systems make it easy to control entry and exit across the various locations and gates on a university campus. Traffic flow is virtually continuous on college campuses – and not every car that pulls up to the gates is being driven by someone who is supposed to be there. An automated parking system grants access to staff and registered students only, as well as visitors who have prior authorization to enter the premises. These systems are easily integrated with student and staff identification systems.
Parking Access Control Systems For Shopping Centres
Large retail centers provide parking facilities for thousands of customers. The priorities here are good traffic flow, easy payment systems, and security. Parking managers in shopping malls need to be able to park the highest number of cars possible, at the lowest possible cost, and as efficiently and manageably as they can. Systems that provide automation integration and agile revenue management are essential for the optimum operation of retail parking lots. The ideal systems offer:
- Safe, frictionless access control
- Seamless traffic flow
- Easy access management for owners, tenants, and employees through commercial parking lot entry and exit control systems
- Reservations and space management solutions
- Business intelligence and reporting capabilities
- Commercial parking gate systems
- Complete control of Curbside and Valet parking to ensure all cars are accounted for and control in and out privileges
- Merchant Dashboards so all Retail Tenants can offer real-time specials that interact with spaces available. Engage all your business partners
- Special event parking can be automated
- Live tracking, monitoring, and occupancy analytics leading to real-time detection of expired permits and non-payment.
Parking Access Control Systems For Hotels and Resorts
For hotels and resorts, parking is an integral part of the experience they provide for their guests. Hospitality is not only about accommodation, food, and entertainment. The experience begins the moment a guest drives into the lot. Convenience and flow in the parking lot are, therefore, just as important as the quality of the service provided in the guest rooms and the breakfast buffet. Automated, cloud-driven, integrated parking systems enhance the hospitality provided by a hotel by offering:
- Improved traffic flow
- Easy access and exit without sacrificing control and security
- 24/7 system monitoring
- Remote access to the system from anywhere in the world
- Robust security that incorporates cameras and cutting-edge parking hardware
- Ticketless and touch-free access and exit
- Employee and contractor access management
- Business intelligence and accurate data collection to enable monitoring and improvements of the system
- Intuitive and efficient revenue management solutions
Parking Access Control Systems For Municipalities
Municipal facilities differ broadly in their parking requirements, depending on their location and purpose. Whatever the parking needs of a particular municipal site may be, it is important to maintain a well-organized process that keeps traffic flowing and ensures that all visitors have a place to park. LocoMobi World’s municipal parking solutions provide precisely that, with the added benefits of easy access and management on the backend, via our world-leading cloud-based parking management solutions.
It is also vital for government offices of all kinds to be able to exercise strict control over who comes and goes from the premises. While members of the public need to be allowed to access municipal services, their access should be controlled and orderly. All unauthorized individuals need to be carefully excluded, meaning that staff access control systems should include integrated staff IDs. LocoMobi World’s access solutions for government offices provide 24/7 access and management, robust security, frictionless access solutions, and advanced reporting and business intelligence functions.
We are a Smart City technology company specializing in parking, tolling, transit, storage, asset tracking, and threat management solutions. We customize an infinite number of possibilities, which are tailored to your specific access and parking needs. We have worked with clients in all of the industries mentioned above, among others, to build effective, integrated, automated access control systems and parking systems that enhance security, improve revenue collection, keep traffic flowing, and make the parking experience better for everyone involved, from visitors and clients to tenants and their staff, to facility owners and building managers. Our unique manufacturing capabilities allow us to provide diverse and innovative enterprise hardware and cloud-based software offerings for the parking, tolling, transit, storage, asset tracking, and threat management sectors at incredibly low costs to our clients. By focusing on multiple synergistic industry sectors at the same time, we at LocoMobi World are able to execute our vision of creating fully connected cities worldwide.
For more information on our systems and how they can benefit your parking facility, contact us today.